IMPORTANT NOTE - The Parish Office will be open from 7.00am to 10.00am for the during the week commencing 15th December 2014 and will be closed from 22nd December 2014 until Monday 5th January 2015 . E-mails will be periodically reviewed but for any urgent matter please contact one of the Parish Councillors whose details can be found on the Parish Council Members' Site Page
The Members and Staff of Wilmington Parish Council wish all residents of the Parish and visitors to this website a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Wilmington Parish Council was founded in 1895 as the result of the Local Government Act. It elected a nine member council and to this day returns the same number at each election.
Wilmington is one of the largest Parishes in the country with a population nearing eight thousand and has eight schools, one shop and five Pubs within the village boundary.
Wilmington stands 1.5 miles directly south of Dartford and only a few miles or so north of Swanley. The Parish covering roughly three square miles, reaches from the southern edge of Dartford down in a south westerly direction via Leyton Cross and Joydens Wood to almost the A20 road from Sidcup through Swanley to Mid Kent. Wilmington Village is in the north eastern corner of the Parish.
Although it is thought that only ten per cent of Parish Councils employ full-time staff, Wilmington Parish Council has two full time groundsmen and a part-time Parish Clerk to administer the responsibilities of finance, meetings, contacts with the Borough and County Councils, the upkeep and care of Oakfield Park, Chestnut Grove and Common land and many other wide and various duties.
Throughout its history the Parish Council has always worked closely with the residents of the Parish and wherever possible takes a lead in organising events or ensuring that the views of those residents are heard.
In recent years the Parish Council has played a prominent part in the Millennium and Jubilee celebrations, the annual Village Fete, carol singing under the Village Xmas Tree and the regeneration of the Village Centre and much much more...
Since 1895 the Parish Office has been housed at a number of locations around the Village but for a number of years its home has been in the Pavilion at Oakfield Park and everyone is welcomed to visit and find out more about the work of the Parish Council and to learn more of the rich history of Wilmington .
The Pavilion is available for private hire - contact the Parish Clerk for details.
Please note that from SUNDAY 26th OCTOBER 2014 the gates to Oakfield Park will be closed at 4.00pm to all vehicles and will not be re-opened until 8.00am the next morning.
Pedestrian and Disabled access available at all times